A magical time of year for the celebration of your love!
It’s a season of contrasts – hard frost with cosy, warm fabrics / stark twigs with soft snow / rich colours and flavours with cold wintery colours and iced drinks.
Bring in the warmth by:
- incorporating your favourite Christmas decorations, fairy lights and colour themed trees
- borrowing from traditions of old – dried citrus fruits, herbs, fircones to create baubles / wreaths / centre pieces
- cranberries, holly, candy canes, sugar plums, pear, apple, spices
- hurricane lanterns, log fires, blankets, capes, shrugs
Create a winter wonderland with:
- sugar frosted fruits and sprigs of rosemary adorning your wedding cake, desserts, drinks…
- add a touch of sparkle to your stationery with organza ribbon, gems, pearls and metallic or pearlescent envelopes
- fir, rosemary, ivy, mistletoe
- silver, white, grey, ice blue, mint green, coconut ice, marshmallow
- trees, twigs, branches, icicles, horse and carriage (or sleigh!)…
LOCATION / VENUE
– STONE WORK AT HIGHCLIFFE CASTLE | CHRISTMAS AT NATIONAL TRUST’S KINGSTON LACY, WIMBORNE
Providing striking colours and enchanting settings for your special day (as well as stunning natural confetti and great photo opportunities!)
Capture the essence of this beautiful season:
- using clean, pressed fallen leaves to create garlands / wreaths / place settings / centre pieces / a leaf carpet down the aisle
- hedgerow and orchard finds to create warming drinks, refreshments and desserts
- autumn root vegetables and fruits (there are so many ways you can incorporate squashes and pumpkins into your celebrations from candle holders, vases, lanterns, decor, place settings, seasonal dishes and more!)
Add a gorgeous rustic charm to your day by incorporating wooden log centre pieces or cake stands, beautiful kraft stationery to set the style for your day, soft brown hemp twine tied around bouquets and posies.
Accent colours for this season (you are spoilt for choice!) – pumpkin spice orange / aubergine / blackberries / auburn red / sunflower golden yellow / olive green / apple blush / eucalyptus blue / metallic bronze / gold…
Seasonal flavours (great ideas for favours / food & drink) – toffee apple / candy floss / pumpkin / apple cider / popcorn / rosemary / marshmallows / BBQ / wood-fired pizza!
No matter the season you can still embrace the great outdoors or bring it inside with you… (it’s always a good idea to have a Plan B for some shelter from the elements and the cold: umbrellas, wellies, basket of blankets, marquee, fire pit, rustic barn, or country pub…)
– SUNFLOWER BOUQUET / PUMPKIN DESIGNS – COURTESY OF BELLE FLORES DESIGN | FLORAL CROWN PHOTOS BY GODLEY PHOTOGRAPHIC – COURTESY OF BELLE FLORES DESIGN
– AUTUMN POSY / BRIGHT & BEAUTIFUL BOUQUET / PUMPKIN PEDESTAL – COURTESY OF FLORA BELLE FLOWERS
LOCATION / VENUE – AUTUMN WALK – NATIONAL TRUST, KINGSTON LACY ESTATE NR BADBURY RINGS, WIMBORNE
A popular time of year to get married, with hopes of glorious weather, gardens bursting into full colour providing bounteous choice and amazing scents, dreams of alfresco dining, sitting out under the starlit sky…
Like with the flowers there are so many themes that would fit perfectly for a summer wedding:
- Coastal – incorporate pebbles, shells, drift wood, nautical finds, glass jar votives, salted caramel chocolate, sail white canvas awning or marquee, sheer glistening fabrics, cones of salted chips, boats strung with lights and bunting, hurricane lanterns, camper van…
- English Garden – roses, lavender, archways, pergola, candles, tea party, strawberry cream teas, marquee, cloudy lemonade, Pimms, soft fruit…
- Romantic Castle – jasmine, peonies and roses, wisteria, round tables, candelabras, candle lanterns lining the steps…
- Mediterranean Villa – rosemary, basil, olives, bread, cheese, citrus fruits, oils or herb pot favours, garland of festoon lights, vintage car,
- Meadow – beautiful buttercups, daisies, marquee, glass milk bottles, wooden trestle tables, picnic hampers and blankets, benches, logs…
- Woodland – trees and pathways decorated with lights, green leaves for name tags, summer berries, picnic…
It’s worth keeping in mind that wedding venues and wedding services will be high in demand during the height of the season (late Spring to early Fall). As a golden rule, no matter what season you choose, once you find your dream location / preferred service providers make sure you book them in as soon as possible.
– SUMMER BOUQUET / SUMMER ROSES & PEONIES BOUQUET – COURTESY OF BELLE FLORES DESIGN
– ROSE & DENDROBIUM BUTTONHOLE PHOTO BY D B WEDDING PHOTOS – COURTESY OF BELLE FLORES DESIGN
– SUMMER POSY / FLORAL TABLE CENTRE PIECE – COURTESY OF FLORA BELLE FLOWERS
…with woodlands full of snowdrops, fields and hedgerows bursting with daffodils, beautiful cherry tress and orchards full of apple blossom – you’ll be spoilt for choice for stunning backdrops for your photographs and finding a beautiful natural grand entrance to your venue.
You could opt for soft vintage pastels with duck egg blue and offset the colours with a neutral background colour or material; ivory white or kraft for a rustic feel… or take inspiration for your colour scheme from the bright colours of the tulips and daffodils – these would make beautiful accent colours (bridesmaid dresses / buttonholes/ cravats / ribbon / decorations…). Include lots of fresh greenery within your decorations to capture the freshness of spring.
Whether you are looking for a stately manor house, beautiful garden setting, gorgeous orchard, rustic barn, marquee or a romantic castle – see if you can find photos of your venue / location during your chosen season to identify what will naturally already be there (or if you are planning your wedding a year or more ahead, try and visit at that time of year). This can help influence some of your decisions and create a coherent look and feel to your special day.
– POCKET BOUTONNIERE / ROSE & TULIP BOUQUET / ROSE & TULIP BUTTONHOLE – COURTESY OF BELLE FLORES DESIGN
– LEMONS & TULIPS / SPRING PASTEL POSIES / SPRING FLORAL DISPLAY – COURTESY OF FLORA BELLE FLOWERS
– CERIS GRACE / SOPHIA MAE FROM PAPER BUTTERCUP
VINTAGE CHINA HIRE
– COURTESY OF GRANNY’S CHINA CUPBOARD