Inspire – Design – Style
When the unexpected happens
Written by Becks
With the recent wide spread snow and freezing conditions throughout the UK, couples faced a truly white wedding of their own!
You can never predict what the weather will be like for your special occasion. You start planning your day far in advance. Keep fingers-crossed that your day will be filled with sunshine and everything you’d hoped for.
What to do when the unexpected happens on your wedding day.
Here are 5 great tips to steal the show whatever the weather:
1. Be prepared
British weather is naturally and beautifully unpredictable. One minute it can be sunshine and the next overcast with showers. Whatever it brings to your day, the weather will make it even more memorable with these handy props on standby:
- Wellington boots – co-ordinate with your colour scheme, perfect for puddles, fields, festival style, coastal walk (easy to slip on and off too)
- Umbrellas – for sunshine and showers
- Blankets – to keep guests warm if it is chilly or alternatively can be used as picnic rugs on the grass or draped over straw bales
- Ask guests to come prepared with coats or shrugs, extra layers, suitable footwear, suncream and sunglasses, especially if you are hosting a marquee or outdoor event
- Fire pit – perfect for taking the chill from the evening. Perfectly team with marshmallows on sticks or hot drinks on standby for guests to enjoy around the fireside.
2. Photo opportunity
Capture the moment unique to your day. Follow the link for some gorgeous Pinterest inspiration if you have a surprise flurry of snow or end up dancing in the rain! ‘Dancing in the rain’
3. Indoor & outdoor space
Consider ways you can incorporate both indoor and outdoor space for your day. Whether a marquee, orangery, barn, local country pub or village hall. Create an area to shelter from storms and the heat of the sun. Decorate your venues with items that can be used indoors or out, then you can adjust as needed on the day. For example candles in hurricane vases, seating made from straw bales, tree trunks, wooden chairs or benches. Creatively style your space with greenery, candles and simple vases of fresh flowers, with blankets on the side. Make a cosy welcoming romantic retreat to pass by any storms.
4. Planning with the season
Make the season part of the styling, by bringing elements of it indoors to transform your space uniquely for your day:
- seasonal flowers
- trees / branches
- leaves / petals
- seasonal refreshments
- games and activities
- more ideas here: Fall in love with the Seasons
5. Wedding Insurance
Buy extra peace of mind with wedding insurance cover. The lovely Sarah Wrixon from Summers & Co Insurance Brokers gives us an insight into how wedding insurance can protect your special day if the unexpected should happen.
Whichever policy you take out, check it covers all that you need and what you need to do in the event of a claim. Then continue enjoying setting the scene for your perfect day.
Whatever the weather I hope you dance and make precious memories x
…beautiful design to tell your story.
PHOTO CREDITS: Emma Frances Logan – bride & groom | Inkshed Design Studio – artwork
© 2018 inkshed design studio. All rights reserved.